Noel A. Card
Curriculum Vitae: Card CV
Educational & Professional Background:
Associate to Full Professor, University of Connecticut, 2014 – present
Assistant to Associate Professor, University of Arizona, 2006-2014
Postdoctoral Fellowship, Quantitative Psychology, University of Kansas, 2006
Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, St. John’s University, 2004
B.A. Psychology, Michigan State University, 1997
B.S. Biochemistry, Michigan State University, 1996
- Adolescent Development
- Social Development
- Peer Relations
- Aggression and Peer Victimization
- Replication and Reproducibility
- Structural Equation Modeling
- Longitudinal Data Analysis
- Dyadic Data Analysis
Selected Professional Positions:
- 2015-2021, Editor, Journal of Research on Adolescence
- 2015, Elected member of the Society for Research Synthesis Methodology
- 2012-2016, Program co-chair, Society for Research on Adolescence biennial meeting
- 2011, Elected fellow of Division 5 (Quantitative and Qualitative Methods) of the American Psychological Association
- 2010-2015, Associate editor, Developmental Psychology
- 2009 – present, Program co-chair, Developmental Methods conferences (2012, 2014, 2016)
- 2009, Elected member of the Society of Multivariate Experimental Psychology
- 2008-2011, Guest co-editor, Decade in Review (special issue of Journal of Research on Adolescence)
* denotes student co-author
- Card, N. A. (in press). Meta-analyses of the reliabilities of four measures of gratitude. Journal of Positive Psychology.
- Card, N. A. (in press). Lag as moderator meta-analysis: A methodological approach for synthesizing longitudinal data. International Journal of Behavioral Development.
- Gini, G., Card, N. A., & Pozzoli, T. (2018). A meta-analysis of the differential relations of traditional and cyber-victimization with internalizing problems. Aggressive Behavior, 44, 185-198.
- Card, N. A. (2018). Meta-analyses of the reliabilities of measures of forgiveness and humility. Research in Human Development, 15, 72-87.
- Casper, D. M.*, & Card, N. A. (2017). Overt and relational victimization: A meta-analytic review of their overlap and associations with maladjustment. Child Development, 88, 466-483.
- Card, N. A. (2017). Methodological issues in measuring the development of character. Journal of Character Education, 13, 27-43.
- Card, N. A. (Ed.) (2017). Developmental methodology. Monographs of the Society for Research in Child Development, 82(2).
- Card, N. A. (2017). Replication and research accumulation in developmental science. In N. A. Card (Ed.), Developmental Methodology, Monographs of the Society for Research in Child Development, 82(2), 105-121.
- Casper, D. M.*, Card, N. A., Bauman, S., & Toomey, R. B.* (2017). Participant roles in overt and relational aggression: Analysis of the overt and relational aggression participant role scales with confirmatory factor analysis. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 27, 661-673.
- Wincentak, K.*, Connolly, J., & Card, N. A. (2017). Teen dating violence: A meta-analytic review of prevalence rates. Psychology of Violence, 7, 224-241.
- Card, N. A. (2017). Advances in meta-analysis methodologies contribute to advances in research accumulation: Comments on Cheung & Hong and Johnson et al. Health Psychology Review, 11, 302-305.
- Halgunseth, L.C., Espinosa-Hernández, G., Joeng, H.K., Chang, Y., Card, N.A. & Reid, A.* (2017). Parenting practices and adolescent adjustment in Mexico: Initial evidence of validity for the Mexican Parenting Questionnaire for Adolescents (MPQ-A). Journal of Child and Family Studies, 26, 471-481.
- Meter, D. J.*, & Card, N. A. (2016). Identifying defenders of peer victimization. Journal of Adolescence, 49, 77-87.
- Bosch, L. A.*, Serido, J., Card, N. A., Shim, S., & Barber, B. (2016). Predictors of financial identity maturation in emerging adulthood. Emerging Adulthood, 4, 417-426.
- Meter, D. J.*, & Card, N. A. (2016). Stability of children and adolescents’ friendships: A meta-analytic review. Merrill-Palmer Quarterly, 62, 252-284.
- Meter, D. J.*, & Card, N. A. (2015). Defenders of victims of peer aggression: Interdependence theory and an exploration of individual, interpersonal, and contextual effects on the defender participant role. Developmental Review, 38, 222-240.
- Card, N. A., & Barnett, M. A. (2015). Methodological considerations in studying individual and family resilience. Family Relations, 64, 120-133.
- Card, N. A. (2014). Developmental methodology as a context for interdisciplinary dialogue in developmental science. Developmental Psychology, 50, 1282-1284.
- Card, N. A., & Casper, D. M.* (2013). Meta-analysis and quantitative research synthesis. In T. D. Little (Ed.), Oxford handbook of quantitative methods (pp. 701-717). Oxford University Press.
- Card, N. A. (2012). Applied meta-analysis for social science research. New York: Guilford.
- Laursen, B., Little, T. D. & Card, N. A. (Eds.) (2012). Handbook of developmental research methods. New York: Guilford.
- Card, N. A. (2011). Toward a relationship perspective on aggression among schoolchildren: Integrating social cognitive and interdependence theories. Special issue on theories of violence, Psychology of Violence, 1, 188-201.
- Card, N. A. (2010). Antipathetic relationships in child and adolescent development: A meta-analytic review and recommendations for an emerging area of study. Developmental Psychology, 46, 516-529.
- Card, N. A., & Hodges, E. V. E. (2010). It takes two to fight in school too: A social relations model of the psychometric properties and relative variance of dyadic aggression and victimization in middle school. Social Development, 19, 447-469
- Card, N. A., Stucky, B. D.*, Sawalani, G. M.*, & Little, T. D. (2008). Direct and indirect aggression during childhood and adolescence: A meta-analytic review of gender differences, intercorrelations, and relations to maladjustment. Child Development, 79, 1185-1229.
- Card, N. A., Selig, J. P.*, & Little, T. D. (Eds.) (2008). Modeling dyadic and interdependent data in the developmental and behavioral sciences. New York: Routledge.
- Card, N. A. (2019, March). Replication, reproducibility, and research accumulation in developmental science Invited address for the Society for Research in Child Development.
- Card, N. A. (2018, May). Meta-analysis of reliabilities of four measures of purpose. Invited paper presented at Boston College workshop, Living Lives of Meaning and Purpose, Chestnut Hill, MA.
- Card, N. A. (2018, April). Introduction to meta-analysis and systematic reviews. Invited post-conference workshop for the Society for Research on Adolescence, Minneapolis, MN.
- Card, N. A. (2018, April). Discussant for A. Brenick (chair), Prosocial behaviors and intergroup attitudes in adolescence: The influences of family, school, peers, and life experiences. Paper symposium presented at the biennial meeting of the Society for Research on Adolescence, Minneapolis, MN.
- Card, N. A. (2017, November). Introduction to meta-analysis and systematic reviews. Invited workshop for the Research and Theory section of the National Council on Family Relations, Orlando, FL.
- Card, N. A. (2016, July). Keynote paper presentation for the Workshop of the Committee on Defining and Measuring Character and Character Education. National Academies of Sciences.
- Card, N. A., et al. (2016, April). The Ins and Outs of Publishing: A Conversation with the Editors. Session at the biennial meeting of the Society for Research on Adolescence, Baltimore, MD.
- Poulin, J., Pigott, T., Dent, A., Taylor, J., & Card, N. A. (2016, April). Introduction to systematic review and meta-analysis. Workshop at the annual meeting of the American Education Research Association.
- Card, N. A. (2015, March). Discussant for A. Henneberger (chair), Advanced longitudinal methods for the study of adolescent development: Developmental applications and practical challenges. Paper symposium presented at the biennial meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Philadelphia, PA.
- Card, N. A. (2013, September). Methodological considerations in studying resilience. Invited presentation at the Oklahoma State University conference, Interdisciplinary approaches to strengthening family and individual resilience, Tulsa, OK.
- Card, N. A. (2013, April). Discussant for W. Oh (chair), Relationships are complicated! Innovative methodological approaches to dyadic and longitudinal peer and family relationship data. Paper symposium presented at the biennial meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Seattle, WA.
- Card, N. A. (2013, January). Using social relations models to investigate the dyadic nature of aggression among schoolchildren. Invited presentation at the Network Perspectives on Criminology and Criminal Justice conference, Phoenix, AZ.
- Card, N. A. (2011. August). New developments in meta-analysis. Invited address presented at the 119th annual convention of the American Psychological Association.
|Mailing Address||348 Mansfield Rd U1058 Storrs, CT 06269|