- Ed.D., Health Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
- M.A., Health Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
- B.A. Communication, Legal Institution, Economics and Government, American University
- Role of stress in cardiovascular health disparities
- Women’s health
- Social determinants of health
- Langford A, Orellana K, Kalinowski J, Aird C, Buderer N. Use of Tablets and Smartphones to Support Medical Decision Making in US Adults: Cross-Sectional Study. JMIR mHealth and uHealth. 2020;8(8):e19531.
- Kalinowski J, Wallace BC, Williams NJ, Spruill TM. Women’s Perspectives On Provider Education Regarding Opioid Use. Journal of pain research. 2020;13:39.
- Kalinowski J, Taylor JY, Spruill TM. Why are black women at high risk for cardiovascular disease? Circulation. 2019;139(8):1003-1004.
- Spruill TM, Butler M, Thomas SJ, Tajeu GS, Castañeda SF, Kalinowski J, Langford A, Abdalla M, Blackshear C, Allison M, Ogedegbe G, Sims M, Shimbo D. Association between high perceived stress over time and incident hypertension among African Americans: findings from the Jackson Heart Study. Journal of the American Heart Association. 2019; 8(21), e012139.
- Hubbard, D, Colantonio, L, Tanner, R, Carson, A, Sakhuja, S, Jaeger, B, Carey, R, Cohen, L, Shimbo, D, Butler, M, Bertoni, A, Langford, A, Booth, J, Kalinowski, J, Muntner, P. (2019). Prediabetes and Risk for Cardiovascular Disease by Hypertension Status in Black Adults: The Jackson Heart Study. Diabetes care, dc191074.
- Jaeger BC, Anstey DE, Bress AP, Booth III JN, Butler M, Clark III D, Howard G, Kalinowski J, Long L, Ogedegbe O, Plante T, Shimbo D, Sims M, Supiano P, Whelton P, Muntner P. Cardiovascular disease and mortality in adults aged≥ 60 years according to recommendations by the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association and American College of Physicians/American Academy of Family Physicians. Hypertension. 2019; 73(2):327-334.
- Spruill TM, Reynolds HR, Dickson VV, Shallcross AJ, Visvanathan P, Park C, Kalinowski J, Berger JS, Zhong H, Hochman J, Fishman G, Ogedegbe G. Rationale and design of a randomized controlled trial testing a telephone-based mindfulness intervention to reduce stress in women with myocardial infarction. American Heart Journal 2018; 202:61-67.
- Jehan S, Auguste E, Pandi-Perumal SR, Kalinowski J, Myers AK, Zizi F, Rajanna MG, Jean-Louis G, McFarlane SI. Depression, obstructive sleep apnea, and psychosocial health. Sleep Medicine and Disorders 2017; 1(3).