News & Announcements
- R. Watson & R. Puhl receive Distinguished Faculty Research awards
- Student Rachel Nadell was featured in UConn Today article
- Rebecca Puhl is recipient of CLAS Faculty Research Excellence Award
- Ryan Watson receives InCHIP Junior Faculty Research Excellence Award
- HDFS student wins Aetna Writing in the Disciplines Award
- HDFS student writes op ed piece on early childhood education
- Abdul Khaleque wins book award
- HDFS research featured in UConn Today
HDFS 2018 Tenured Faculty & Award Recipients
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) recently acknowledged four HDFS faculty who received tenure this year: Dr. Alaina Brenick, Dr. Linda Halgunseth (both also promoted to Associate Professor), Dr. Marlene Schwartz, and Dr. Rebecca Puhl. CLAS also acknowledge Dr. Laura Donorfio, recipient of the 2018 CLAS Excellence in Teaching Award in Behavioral and Life Sciences.
Congratulations to all of these faculty and students for these accomplishments!
A Message from the Department Head (2018-2019)
Welcome to the Department of Human Development and Family Sciences!
Our faculty and students engage in the teaching and study of the development and wellbeing of individuals and families across the lifespan. This focus includes understanding wellbeing of individuals and families; interactions and processes within families; and individuals and families in societal and cultural context. (read more)
This video chronicles what students and Osher Lifelong Learning members learned from each other in Dr. Laura Donorfio’s Adulthood & Aging service learning class. The biggest learning, “Age is not a number, but an attitude!”