PLEASE NOTE: Department administration, faculty, staff, and graduate students are currently following the university’s guidelines regarding COVID-19 and working remotely whenever possible. During this time, the best way to contact us is via email: HDFS administration, faculty, staff, graduate students. For additional information and university updates on COVID-19, we encourage you to visit UConn’s COVID-19 information page.
News & Announcements
- Marlene Schwartz featured in Connecticut Health Investigative Team
- Rebecca Puhl featured in Beriatric News
- Breanna McFarlane and Maria Baratau featured in UConn Today
- Alexandria Tomkunas selected to 2021 Southern Education Leadership Initiative cohort
- Abagail Horton receives NCFR honors student recognition
- Alaina Brenick receives CLAS Faculty Mentoring Award
Upcoming EventsAll Events »
Congratulations HDFS Scholarship Recipients 2021
Award Recipients 2020-2021
Congratulations to all of the UConn HDFS award winners this year!
HDFS Faculty Awards:
If you weren’t able to attend, you can see the award and career transition announcements here
HDFS Graduate Student Awards:
- Best Published Paper: Mackenzie Wink
- Best Conference Presentation: Huda Akef
- Outstanding Instructor: Tracy Walters
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant: Lexi Tomkunas
HDFS Undergraduate Student Awards:
- Outstanding Undergraduate Involvement in HDFS Research: Julie Brisson
- Outstanding Senior in HDFS award: Abby Stepka
Congratulations to Ryan Watson, who will officially be a tenured associate professor as of August, 2021!
Congratulations to Alaina Brenick, winner of the CLAS Award for Mentoring of Undergraduate Students!
Congratulations to Louisa Baker(HDFS PhD ’13) UConn Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning University Teaching Award for Outstanding Adjunct Professor!
Luckey Family Studies Lecture- Feb 3, 2021
"Racism and inequality: Mechanisms behind the impact of Covid-19 on BIPOC families and children"
Presented by Cynthia Garcia Coll, PhD