PLEASE NOTE: Department administration, faculty, staff, and graduate students are currently following the university’s guidelines regarding COVID-19 and working remotely whenever possible. During this time, the best way to contact us is via email: HDFS administration, faculty, staff, graduate students. For additional information and university updates on COVID-19, we encourage you to visit UConn’s COVID-19 information page.
News & Announcements
- Beth Russell discusses family wellness in UConn prodcast
- Marlene Schwartz featured in Yahoo! News
- Rebecca Puhl featured in ConscienHealth
- Rebecca Puhl featured in UConn Today
- Marlene Schwartz appointed by Governor to the COVID-19 Vaccine Advisory Group
- Rebecca Puhl’s study highlighted in USA Today
- Eva Lefkowitz quoted in the Sunday Times (UK)
- Kim Gans and colleagues featured in UConn Today
HDFS 2019-2020 Award Recipients
Ryan Watson received the Society for Research on Adolescence Early Career Research Award and the UConn AAUP Research Excellence (Early Career) Award. Meg Galante DeAngelis received the UConn AAUP Teaching Excellence Award. Laura Donorfio received the UConn Alumni Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award. Annamaria Csizmadia received the CLAS Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award. Preston Britner received the Edward C. Marth Mentorship Award.
Among graduate students, Samantha Lawrence received the CETL Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award and the Office of Undergraduate Research, Graduate Student Mentorship Excellence Award. And Yuan Zhang received the President’s Commitment to Community Initiative award.
HDFS Faculty Awards:
HDFS Graduate Student Awards:
HDFS Undergraduate Student Awards:
Outstanding Senior in HDFS: Annika Anderson
Outstanding Undergraduate Involvement in HDFS Research: Phillipia Pottinger
Outstanding Service to the Field of HDFS: Taylor Wheeler
Congratulations to all of these faculty and students for these accomplishments!