The Family Sciences Undergraduate Council is a student organization at UConn for any students majoring, minoring or interested in the HDFS field of study at the Storrs or any regional campus. Our goal as an organization is to create a sense of community within the field of HDFS by providing students with opportunities to attend events related to their major, network with fellow students and learn more about their major as a whole.
Please click through the menus below to learn how to become involved!
FSUC Officers – Meet our 2023-2024 e-Board!
|Grace Goldberg: President
I'm Grace, I'm a senior HDFS major and WGSS minor. I joined FSUC during my sophomore year because I wanted to meet more people in the program, and now I'm excited to pay it forward and help other social science majors learn about opportunities both within UConn and outside of it! I'm currently working on a research study with Dr. Alaina Brenick at UConn Hartford about transphobic discrimination in high schools. After graduation, I'd like to become a marriage and family therapist.
|Helena Moran: Vice President
My name is Helena Moran and I am the VP for the Family Sciences Undergraduate Council. I’m a senior with a major in HDFS and a minor in crime and justice. I’m interested in attending law school or grad school, but I haven’t decided just yet. I hope to work for a non profit, either as a case worker or in the legal or policy sphere. I enjoy taking care of plants, reading, playing video games and hanging out with my friends around campus. I also run our social media — so feel free to follow and reach out to @uconnfsuc on Instagram!
| Audrey Boucher: Treasurer
My name is Audrey Boucher and I am the treasurer for the Family Sciences Undergraduate Council. I am a junior with a major in HDFS. I am interested in attending graduate school after UConn to earn my Marriage and Family Therapy License. In my free time I love to listen to music, speak Italian, go to the beach, and go fishing. I am super thrilled to be a part of this group here at UConn!
|Izzy Thoennes: Secretary
Hi my name is Isabella, but everyone calls me Izzy and I am the secretary of the Family Sciences Undergraduate Council at UConn. I’m an HDFS major with a WGSS minor. After undergrad I hope to go to grad school and then get licensed in a sect of therapy eventually! I also have always loved working with children and this major allows me to explore that passion further. In my free time you can find me with friends, doing something outdoors, or painting!
|Dr. Ryan Watson: Faculty Advisor
My name is Dr. Watson and I am thrilled to be the faculty advisor of the FSUC! We are a collection of very motivated FSUC undergraduate students, whether it be on the Storrs campus or for students who want to be involved from any of UConn's regional campuses! I am so impressed with the enthusiasm and creativity of the FSUC members - especially the e-Board, who inspire their fellow classmates to be better students and citizens. Please consider joining the organization and reach out to us with any questions and needs you have as a UConn student!
The Mission of the FSUC
• Be the voice of the undergraduate student body;
• provide a resource to the undergraduate students;
• organize and fund student directed and centered activities;
• create and stimulate interest in Human Development & Family Sciences among the undergraduate students;
• build "major pride" among the students of the Department of Human Development & Family Sciences;
• promote awareness of the diversity and strength within the Department of Human Development & Family Sciences as well as a stronger sense of community within the University;
• promote the Department of Human Development & Family Sciences throughout the larger communities outside of the University;
• lobby for the Department of Human Development & Family Sciences and when necessary to represent the Department.
• undergraduates in any forum, both on or off campus.
Our activities and past events
- Confused About Courses?: Class Picking Night
- Graduate Panel Discussion
- Spring Career/Internship Night
- & more on the way!
Click here for our latest constitution!
Do you want to become involved, be an officer, or be in the know about our events?
Please e-mail us at email@example.com to learn more!